13 Oct Mark Rivera Trial Continues
Dear Upper Midwest Diocese,
This Friday, October 14, is the continuation of Mark Rivera’s bench trial that started on July 12. The trial is scheduled for 1:30pm in the Kane County Judicial Center, room 319.
Mark was first arrested in 2019 for nine counts of sexual assault and abuse of a child who is his goddaughter. Since then, other survivors have come forward, alleging grooming, child sexual assault, and rape.
Would you please pray with us? Ask the Lord for:
- the court to make wise decisions and execute right actions;
- justice to be carried out swiftly;
- true repentance and amendment of life;
- physical, spiritual, emotional healing for all survivors and their loved ones;
- all involved to embrace the Lord’s redemptive power and love.
We continue to place our trust in the Lord of heaven and earth to ultimately bring about justice and true restoration.
Lay Canon to the Ordinary
Upper Midwest Diocesan Office